Sunday, February 22, 2015

Uniqlo - UT Me

Uniqlo’s New Mobile e-Commerce Business Model


"They’re creating a whole new business model by taking the mobile platform to its logical conclusion.  Their app, which does a lot more than Instagram’s simple filters, works hand-in-hand with a business model to turn a T-shirt (commodity) into your own work of art (priceless.)"

Full Article

Video

This isn't quite my style and I certainly don't have the time or talent to design something that I'd consider wearing. I'd rather leave that for professionals who specialize in this sort of thing. Besides, I don't think they are targeting 30-somethings with this product. On the other hand, I can see how teenagers would like this product, and it is a great way to get them to interact with the brand on the platform they are most comfortable using, mobile. Uniqlo gets the added benefit of reducing inventory and unsold product designs further reducing costs. I have to believe other brands won't be far behind.  

No comments: