Sunday, February 08, 2015

I was blown away during Dan Rosenberg's presentation when he used the term "trader," in reference to marketing. I also was surprised to hear the term's buyside, and sellside since those are traditionally terms used in the financial industry. I suppose I'm a bit myopic and my own ignorance led me to be skeptical when he used those terms, but it made sense by the end of his presentation. It was really interesting to see how all of the players fit together to form this market and understand how it's not so different from what a trader in finance does on a day to day basis. That said, I don't think anyone will be comparing a great marketing trader to the great financial market traders like George Soros or Paul Tudor Jones any time soon.

The comparison of TerminalOne to the Bloomberg terminal is what really sealed it for me. I definitely recommend going to the website and watching some of the videos to learn more. www.newmarketinginstitute.com


No comments: