Sunday, March 01, 2015

Amazing Wingsuit Viral Video

This video didn't quite receive the same attention that Psy did with Gangnam Style, but it still ranks as one of my favorite viral videos.

http://youtu.be/TWfph3iNC-k

I was totally amazed the first time I watched it and continued to watch it over and over to the point that it annoyed my wife. I had a short lived obsession with Wingsuit jumping that she crushed fairly quickly by continuously reminding me how dangerous it was along with the fact that I had a child. It introduced me to GoPro's product (the video was shot in 2011) and suddenly I found myself searching out other wingsuit jumping videos as well as others that were shot using GoPro cameras.

This clip doesn't have explicit GoPro branding, but there are other videos of Jeb which display the brand while showing people how creative they can get with the implementation of the product. I believe there are 4 or 5 cameras used in this to provide all the different angles. Overall, I think this was a great way for a brand to showcase their product in an obtrusive way and drum up interest from their target market while also interesting those who secretly aspire to be part of it

No comments: