Monday, July 30, 2018

AI Marketing Reading Your Emotions

I recently interacted with a chatbot on Instagram that had surprisingly relevant information. I knew it was a chatbot but it was done properly and I was not frustrated that I was not speaking with a human. It even typed that a person would be available if I had any questions that it couldn't answer and sure enough the humans picked up where the chatbot ended. This lead me to stumble across this article that explains how chatbots can improve customer satisfaction which didn't surprise me given my recent experience. What I found even more interesting is that marketers may soon be able to read people's emotional reactions to ads by using facial recognition technology. Allowing an AI to read my emotions brings a whole new meaning to "opt-in" but I might be willing to try it if it could systematically reduce the number of annoying or irrelevant ads that I have to endure.

https://www.clickz.com/using-ai-to-improve-user-experience/216056/

No comments: