Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Some Ideas on Landing Pages

Landing pages can create some serious frustration for customers, as I am sure all of us at one point have experienced.  I usually do not click on links through ads or emails, but the times that I do click on a link, I do so for very specific reasons.  I want to change, update, or buy whatever it may be as quickly and efficiently as possible.  For sales in particular, I have actually gone to a competitor website because of the lack of a streamlined process that slows me down or distracts me by asking me about items I do not want.
 
The proliferation of data regarding customer behavior and interests – I would think – should be able to help marketers customize landing pages for each person.  And I think part of the strategy should involve thinking through the end goal that you want from your customer.  Is it for them to become more comfortable with your website in general, to fill out a survey, or to make a purchase?  In any case, companies that put themselves in their customers’ shoes will develop a much better user experience, which will help deepen the customer base as well as potentially expand it.  Happy customers make for a more sustainable business model. 
 
There are other ideas on how to further build out your landing page, including A/B testing (trying out different versions of your webpage to see which one works best) and video landing pages (to increase the engagement of the customer.  For further information on these topics, please click here. 

No comments: