Monday, November 11, 2013

Is the new mobile ecommerce experience all about avatars and auction rooms?

I downloaded Tophatter about a 2 months ago and played around with it for about 10 minutes at which time I realized that there was absolutely nothing of interest or of quality that I would buy on such a slow and silly looking on-line shopping site. Well, I guess I was in the minority on that one because they have grown like crazy and the traction and press that they are receiving has steadily grown.

This article analyzes what could possibly be the drivers of why people like this avatar simulated auction shopping experience and theorizes that it may be because it gamifys the shopping experience into something real-time with time limits and option limits...to me that sounds like the worst shopping experience ever...but that is just me.

Tophatter has found that most people prefer to use this on their mobile device which is not a huge shocker because as most people know that this is where technology interface is shifting. Advertising on mobile has grown substantially with even some companies launching mobile only apps before even tackling building a website component.

I for one dislike the tophatter shopping experience, but I do believe that we will see more and more of this kind of company interface pop up in the near future.

http://pandodaily.com/2013/11/08/is-the-new-mobile-ecommerce-experience-all-about-avatars-and-auction-rooms/

No comments: