Tuesday, December 08, 2015

My Digital Journey


I signed up for the Digital Marketing class with absolutely no insight into the Digital Marketing world. But I have been a keen reader of the Digital business models and a recipient of the digital marketing products. After taking the class and going through all the reading for the blogs or the project I believe I have at least understood the thirty thousand feet view of the digital marketing world. And guess what? It is not as random and confusing as it might seem from a distance. There are systems and tools in place that are constantly driving agendas for marketers or the typical users like me. There are also ways to measure the input and output of the processes. And there are ways to create the impact on the ultimate goal of customer journey. The best part about this world is the constant experimentation to find the right answers and the ever changing nature of the business.

It is fascinating to see how the civilization has started to adapt to new ways of life and I am not sure if we actually realize it. But asking someone to show me where the next gas station is (google search) or seeking a review from a stranger than a friend (Yelp) or connecting with a friend that lives across the pond (Facebook or Whatsapp) are now billion dollar businesses and our day to day are heavily dependent on them. All of these changes have led to many positives beyond the monetary benefits such as efficiencies, expanded reach, connectivity and convenience to name a few. It almost feels like how were we operating without all of this technology before and marketers must have been banging their heads against the wall using conventional means. Overall speaking, digital literacy, digital teams, digital models, digital strategies, digital content and digital businesses are here to stay and time to become proficient and practice them is now.

My next goal is to learn the various Digital Business models and strategies to further build upon this class. Since I am now a digital native (from a know-how perspective), I am ready to explore my next digital adventure.  

No comments: