Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Millenials are not a niche "youth"

I was thinking last week about one question the teacher raised in class. Since the youngest consumers seem less interested in Facebook and more in other social media like Snapchat, will Facebook suffer from it or is that a specifity of their age and they will grow as Facebook users as they grow older. I could not make my mind, seeing pros and cons for every side of the argument. But then, after some research I stumbled on a very interesting summary of who are millenials in term of numbers. http://www.millennialmarketing.com/who-are-millennials/
That is when I realized that actually millennials are not a niche “youth” segment but a generation of people who will ultimately give way to a newer generation. Therefore, millennial-focused brands will have to change their game to stay relevant. 

No comments: