Monday, June 14, 2010

For all you foodies out there..


Growing up in the East Bay and having worked in San Francisco for 5+ years, I have become a foodie like all the others and was excited to come across Foodspotting, where you can post up pictures of dishes that you like, vote on others', and earn points. The interface is much simpler than Yelp's. Although Yelp gives restaurants with great reviews, once I get into the restaurant, I'm usually scanning through all of the reviews frantically before the waitress comes to find out what I should or should not order. Recommendations on dishes (if there are any) are usually scattered about in different reviews and I just don't have the time to read through all those reviews when I'm hungry.

Will this becom
e the next Yelp someday? Maybe, I read an article that suggests Foursquare to partner with Foodspotting, which may not be a bad idea if they want to take over Yelp. After all, what good is a restaurant review if you don't know what to order once you're there?

My personal favorite: Salted Caramel Ice Cream at Bi-Rite Creamery (No.2 on The Best list).

No comments: