Monday, June 14, 2010

Starbucks: One Grande Wi-Fi Connection - Gratis

Starting in a few weeks Starbucks coffeeshops will offer free wi-fi in all of it's shops nationwide. There will be no registration, specific provider needed, time limits or constraints. Just free wifi- straight-up.

It remains to be seen if this will be a positive or negative effect on the bottom line but according to this article, Starbuck's goal is to bring the Starbucks experience online. However I would venture that this policy will ensure more customers visit a local Starbucks and spend more time there - which can't hurt. I can't tell you the number of times I've foregone visiting Starbucks in order to study, and consume food and drinks, at a different coffehouse where internet was free. Well, barring a closer coffeeshop, I'll probably going to the 'Bucks for my study needs from now on.

No comments: