Friday, June 02, 2017

WSJ; Don't Expose Yourself: A Guide To Online Privacy

Sorry, marketers, are being armed with the information and means to fight back! I found the below article detailing multiple strategies for civilians to limit the amount of their personal information that is out there on the web to be quite interesting. As someone who is more or less oblivious to what is out there about me on the web, its pretty eye opening to me to see the lengths that people go to in order to protect their privacy.

Personally, I'm in the "I have nothing to hide" crew here. I'm not going to make up fake names for myself, go around to websites requesting they remove my information, or use some clunky web browser plug-in; I just do not care enough! Look, if I think my identity is being stolen or my bank account is at risk of breach, I'll pay attention, but until then target away!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dont-expose-yourself-a-guide-to-online-privacy-1496249766

No comments: