Thursday, February 02, 2017

Intelligent Email Marketing


While we tend to think of email as an outdated method of communicating with customers, this infographic by Monetate demonstrates that email is still the most effective digital marketing method available. Key to this is the consumer's desire to have customized messaging - rather than a social media blast that is not tailored to their specific preferences. Email marketing allows a marketer to segment the market, even to micro segments, which produces a higher conversion rate. In addition to the targeting that the article highlights, marketers must also be masters of analytics in order to send the right email at the right time to the right people.

To contradict this assertion, I was thinking about my own use of marketing emails. I use Google Inbox which puts all my promotional email into one folder which I typically check maybe once a day, if at all. As a result of this article, I just checked and several retailers have flash sales or "early-bird" discounts available. Does the fact that Google takes these email marketing off my front page mean that retailers are forced to have more frequent deals and promotions in order to make sure that I see it when they want me to see it?


https://www.maximizer.com/blog/why-is-email-still-the-number-1-marketing-channel/

No comments: