Friday, February 03, 2017

The privacy paradox

I heard about this on the radio the other day and it was quite intriguing. Everyone cares about privacy and are worried about how our information that is online may be used and abused my corporations. However, we continue to click the I Agree button without going to the T&Cs online. Personally, I do not take a very 'conspiracy theory' type of view on the privacy sharing and feel comfortable sharing some of my information online with web sites and apps. In fact, I think targetted marketing where I see advertised tailored to my needs is better than being presented a random ad. However, those who are interested can sign up for this small online experiment that is running by the radio show - https://project.wnyc.org/privacy-paradox/

No comments: