Monday, November 19, 2012

Just Who is This Little Guy Disrupting?


The Opinion


Recently, Tim Bajaran wrote on TIME tech blog that the new iPad Mini and other tablets of its size "will become the most important tablets for consumers in the future".

His rationale? 


Only that in his own experience he seems to be using it A LOT and that time is cannibalizing his use of the regular size iPad, which in in turn is cannibalizing the time using an actual laptop.  In his opinion, the laptop market is heading for a steep cliff once consumers come to the same realization that he has:
  • 7-inch tablets are super light and convenient for consumption
  • 10-11 inch tablets with attachable keyboards can cover the majority of his productivity needs

Do I agree?


NOPE.  As an owner of a MacBook Air, iPad 2, and Kindle Fire HD, I believe I have the necessary devices to make a valid statement for or against Bajaran's conclusion.  In my opinion, the 2 tablets fail to cover my productivity needs.  The iPad and the Fire are competing for my attention when it comes to couch or bed consumption, but if I'm trying to get something done (like write an email), I am definitely grabbing my laptop!


-- Interested in talking about videos?
Contact Michael at Melmed Media 


No comments: